Table of Contents
- Step by step video tutorial
- How often do the watch faces update?
- My watch face is blank after syncing a channel, what's wrong?
- It's been MORE than 10 minutes and I still don't see any watch faces!
- I see an image for my watch face, but it's always the same
- Why do I see the watch face images in my Camera Roll?
- I don't see the 'Photo Album' watch face on my Apple Watch.
Step-by-step video tutorial
How often do the watch faces update?
This depends on your watch face! Live feed watches like Tumblr and Instagram will update themselves as often as possible in the background. If you want the app to try to update right away, you can open the Facer app for a few moments.
Other watch faces will be updated periodically, but Facer will automatically update this for you - there's no need to sync manually!
My watch face is blank after syncing a channel, what's wrong?
It sometimes takes a few minutes for the new watch faces to transfer to your Apple Watch. You should see your new watch faces show up within about 10 minutes at the most.
One quick tip that can help speed up syncing - open up your Watch companion up! This should trigger Apple to check your photo albums and send them to the watch sooner.
It's been MORE than 10 minutes and I still don't see any watch faces!
Ok! There are a couple of other things you can check:
- *NEW* If you've recently updated to iOS 9.3 (or are on 9.3 and restarted your phone) and noticed syncing isn't working: There is a bug with Apple's Watch companion app in iOS 9.3. If you've restarted or upgraded recently, the Watch companion app may not sync until it's opened again. If you've checked our other steps here to make sure you have set up Facer correctly, just open the Watch companion app on your iPhone for a few moments. It should trigger a sync to the Watch.
- Make sure you have the Facer Album synced to your watch: Try opening the iPhone Watch companion app, navigating to 'Photos' and making sure that the 'Synced Album' is 'Facer'. Note that if you have a lot of Albums on your phone, it might be at the bottom of the list!
- Make sure your devices are charged: To save battery, the Apple Watch doesn't always sync photos if it's low on charge. Double check your battery level, and try charging both your Watch & iPhone before trying to sync again.
I see an image for my watch face, but it's always the same.
This could happen for a couple of minutes while the album is still syncing to your watch - but you can also double check that you have the "Photo Album" watch face selected on your Apple Watch, and not the "Photo" watch face.
Why do I see the watch face images in my Camera Roll?
Unfortunately, the Camera Roll is designed to show every image on the phone, including the ones that are available to be used as watch faces.
I don't see the 'Photo Album' watchface on my Apple Watch.
If you aren't seeing the 'Photo Album' watchface, there are a couple of things you can check:
- Update your Watch: Make sure your watch is updated to WatchOS 2 or greater. You can check this in your iPhone's Watch companion app. Go to General > Software Update
- Check your existing watchfaces: If you don't see 'Photo Album' in the 'New' section on your Watch, it may be because you've used it before. Check the other watchfaces (swipe left or right) to see if it's there.
And of course, you can always write to use at firstname.lastname@example.org