In some instances, the Google Play Services library on your WearOS 1.x watch may be outdated and result in Facer not being installable on your smartwatch. Make sure that Google Play Services is updated to at least 19.x.x to ensure Facer can be installed on your watch.
To check which version you have, and force your watch to update, please follow the steps below:
1. Go to Settings > About > Versions:
If your Google Play Services version is lower than 19.x.x, Facer will not be able to be installed on your watch.
To force your watch to update Google Play Services:
Tapping on the Google Play Services version should force the watch to check for newer versions, and update itself, but note that this process is not very predictable and you may need to go through the steps below to force it.
- While making sure the watch is connected to the phone, and an Internet connection is available, on the watch, Tap on the Google Play version. This should trigger a message: “Checking for updates”
- Additional actions to try if after several minutes, upon returning to the About -> Versions screen on the watch, the Google Play service version has not been updated:
- Restart and re-connect both watch and phone and retry from step 1
- Verify connection and retry from step 1
- Clear application cache on the phone for Google Play Store, Google Play services, then retrying to trigger the update from the watch (step 1)
- If nothing else works, re-pair watch and phone from scratch
- After confirming the Google Play services version has been updated on the watch, in About – Versions (it should be above version 19 at this point), while ensuring that the watch and phone are connected and Facer is installed on the phone, follow these steps to force Facer to be re-installed on the watch.